Street Scene 2009
1. “I’m Broke” – Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears
2. “Let Me Go” – Cake
3. “We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives” – Los Campesinos!
4. “Bitch, I Love You” – Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears
5. “Is There a Ghost” – Band of Horses
6. “Some People Ride the Wave” – Devendra Banhart
7. “Bleeding Powers” – Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
8. “Ghost Under Rocks” – Ra Ra Riot
9. “Man Made Lake” – Calexico
10. “Hang You From the Heavens” – The Dead Weather
11. “Southern Belles in London Sing” – The Faint
12. “I Wanna Kill” – Crocodiles
13. “Nonpareil of Favor” – Of Montreal
14. “100 Days, 100 Nights” – Sharon Jones & the Dap -Kings
Street Scene is only one day away!! Here is a little playlist to get you pumped for the big weekend. For those of you attending Street Scene, here is my advice (a ten commandments of sorts) :
1. WHATEVER YOU DO, GO SEE BLACK JOE LEWIS & THE HONEYBEARS. shake your hips and grove. you won’t be disappointed.
2. The “cult band” (as critics have said) of our generation: Cake. They tore it up at Outside Lands last year, and I had a blast! We all grew up listening to them, go see cake, pay your respects. Besides, I KNOW you know EVERY WORD to “sheep go to heaven” 🙂
3. go see the Dead Weather. My love, Jack, will cast a spell on you if you don’t pop by and check out this new project.
4. support local talent, even if he’s famous now, wavves.
5. Ted Leo. Enough said.
6. Check out Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings. Another shake your hips and groove show. I’ve never seen them live, but this group is number one most played on my ipod. Its music i put on when i want to feel sassy, it’s got real attitude.
7. Crocodiles have been on my list of favorite bands this year. Go check them out and see why!
8. Los Campesinos! I can’t explain. Listen to them in the playlist and you’ll understand why you should go see them play. It’s serious cool pop.
9. Devendra is a great show, and i recommend stopping by and seeing a few songs. He rocked it at Coachella this year and i have faith that this show will be no different. Weird dude, great music.
10. Finally, we have Ozomatli. Ozo is not the kind of music you will regularly find at a festival. It’s not rock, not indie, not electro. The best way to describe it is Latin – v – Rap. It might not be music up your alley but speaking from experience, it is one of the funnest shows i have ever been to. The energy is electric, you’ll dance til your legs fall off, and the latin sound will surely entrance you. A highlight is when the band brings their trumpets and drums into the crowd. If you want to have fun, and dance, go see Ozomatli. 🙂
Have fun, be safe!!!