DJ Consent Guidelines
The following Guidelines must be followed by DJ’s:
[They can also be found in the Radio Room (SLP 402)]
1. DMCA Government Rules
Some DMCA rules affect any archiving of recorded music, since:
- Archived shows can appear for 14 days consecutively;
- Archived shows must consist of 4-hour-long files.
Some of these DMCA rules outline restrictions on the frequency some songs can be played.
In any 3-hour period, we can webcast:
- No more than 3 songs from one album;
no more than 2 played consecutively
- No more than 4 songs from a set/compilation;
no more than 3 played consecutively
- No more than 4 recorded songs by the same artist
(live studio appearances are okay)
2. University Mission and Values
[Can be found here on the USD site]
The University of San Diego is a Roman Catholic institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal and professional knowledge, creating a diverse and inclusive community, and preparing leaders dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.
The University of San Diego expresses its Catholic identity by witnessing and probing the Christian message as proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church. The University promotes the intellectual exploration of religious faith, recruits persons and develops programs supporting the University’s mission, and cultivates an active faith community. It is committed to the dignity and fullest development of the whole person. The Catholic tradition of the University provides the foundation upon which the core values listed below support the mission.
The University pursues academic excellence in its teaching, learning and research to serve the local, national and international communities. The University possesses that institutional autonomy and integrity necessary to uphold the highest standards of intellectual inquiry and academic freedom.
The University advances intellectual development; promotes democratic and global citizenship; cultivates an appreciation for beauty, goodness, and truth; and provides opportunities for the physical, spiritual, emotional, social, and cultural development of students. The University provides professional education grounded in these foundations of liberal learning while preparing students to understand complex issues and express informed opinions with courage and conviction.
The University is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive and collaborative community accentuated by a spirit of freedom and charity, and marked by protection of the rights and dignity of the individual. The University values students, faculty and staff from different backgrounds and faith traditions, and is committed to creating an atmosphere of trust, safety and respect in a community characterized by a rich diversity of people and ideas.
The University provides a values-based education that informs the development of ethical judgment and behavior. The University seeks to develop ethical and responsible leaders committed to the common good who are empowered to engage a diverse and changing world.
The University embraces the Catholic moral and social tradition by its commitment to serve with compassion, to foster peace, and to work for justice. The University regards peace as inseparable from justice and advances education, scholarship and service to fashion a more humane world.
The University of San Diego is becoming a nationally preeminent Catholic university known for educating students who are globally competent, ethical leaders working and serving in our complex and changing world.
- USD will become a more culturally diverse and culturally competent community through recruitment at all levels, deepening transborder and international educational partnerships, and involving students and faculty in international learning experiences.
- USD will provide integrated learning experiences across educational contexts and contribute to the scholarly research on ethics to develop intentionally the leadership capacities of all students.
- USD will be a powerful advocate for social justice and human rights through the establishment of the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies and the recruitment of international scholars and peace practitioners.
- USD gives a privileged place to the liberal arts and sciences in its undergraduate curriculum and in its influence on graduate and professional programs.
USD will substantially increase its endowments, strengthen fiscal viability, and forge stronger relations with alumni and friends by developing a stronger and clearer institutional identity regionally and nationally.